You can register to vote online through Iowa DOT Online Voter Registration
- An Iowa Driver's License or non-operator ID is required to register in this manner.
Mail-In Voter Registration Application
This form has been made available by the Iowa Secretary of State.
- Download and print the Iowa Voter Registration Application (PDF)
- Complete and sign the form.
- Mail or hand deliver the completed form to:
Muscatine County Auditor
414 E. Third St.
Muscatine, IA 52761
You should receive a voter registration card in the mail approximately two weeks after you submit your completed registration form. If you have any questions regarding the Iowa voter registration application, please contact the Auditor.
You may register to vote if:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- You are a resident of Iowa
- You are at least 17 years old. A person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before Election Day. In the case of Primary elections, a person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before the corresponding General election.
Change of Address
If you move within the county where you are registered to vote, you may change your address before the close of registration:
- By completing a new registration form
- By making the change in person at the County Auditor's office or other registration sites
Election Day Voter Registration
To register to vote on election day, you must provide proof of identity (photo ID) and proof of residency at your current address within the precinct at the polls.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
The identification must include a photo and an expiration date:
- Iowa driver’s license
- Iowa non-operator’s ID
- United States passport
- United States military ID
- Identification card from an employer
- Iowa student ID
- Out-of-state driver’s license
- Out-of state non-operator’s driver’s license
If the photo ID does not contain your current address in the precinct, you are required to present one of the following documents that includes your name and current address in the precinct.
- Residential lease
- Utility bill
- Property tax statement
- Bank statement