Guide to Country LivingIt is important to know that life in the country is not the same as life in the city. County governments are unable to provide the same level of service that city government provides. To that end, we are providing you with the following information to help you make an educated and informed decision to purchase rural land.
Muscatine County Comprehensive PlanThe Muscatine County Comprehensive Plan is a very valuable document. The intent of the Comprehensive Plan is to advise, educate, provide guidance, coordinate and assess needs. It declares the County's purpose and policies, informs citizens of strengths and weaknesses and guides land use decisions and investments. The Comprehensive Plan outlines areas for further study or planning and documents community needs that will help the County pursue funding opportunities such as grants, loans, public-private partnerships, etc.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Vision Goals and Policies
- Chapter 3 - County Profile
- Chapter 4 - Resources Profile
- Chapter 5 - Land Use
- Chapter 6 - Transportation System
- Chapter 7 - Recreation and Conservation
- Chapter 8 - Facilities and Services
- Chapter 9 - Finance Intergovernmental Relations and Image
- Chapter 10 - Strategies for Implementation
- Chapter 11 - Tools for Plan Implementation
- Appendix - Public Input
- Appendix - Land Use Survey Results
- Muscatine County Comprehensive Plan - FINAL